Our veterinarians are highly experienced in many surgical services, ranging from routine to advanced procedures. We want to ensure your pet receives the best possible clinical outcome, which is why we occasionally refer cases to a local specialty hospital when advanced equipment or board-certified veterinary surgeons will benefit the patient.
At South Putnam Animal Hospital, our medical team takes every precaution so that your pet receives the highest quality care. Before every surgical procedure, we perform a thorough physical exam and pre-anesthetic testing. During surgery, vitals are rigorously monitored and proper dosages of pain medication are administered to keep pets comfortable during recovery.
- Spay/Neuter Procedure is a routine procedure that's recommended for all pets to prevent unwanted pregnancy and unwanted sexual behaviors. It also adds years to a pet's life!
- Soft-Tissue Surgery is performed for trauma and laceration repair, mass removal, spay/neuter procedure, foreign body removals, and more.
- Oncological Surgery is oftentimes the best approach to effectively treat cancer and help a pet live a healthier, happier life.
- Orthopedic Surgery treats conditions and injuries of the bones, joints, and spine. We commonly treat ACL tears, patella luxation, and fractures and dislocations.
- Mass Removal is recommended if an abnormal lump or bump is found on your pet to prevent growth and spread to the rest of the body. Not all abnormal growths are cancerous, but can become cancerous over time. Removing a mass early is safe and cost effective for you, and less painful for your pet.
- Foreign Body Removal is performed to prevent GI obstruction, which can be deadly. If your pet shows signs such as vomiting, abnormal stools, or decreased appetite, give us a call right away.